- Embellished bag trend hits the high street Read More »
- Coast's affordable homage to Jimmy Choo's Read More »
- Accessorize does Dolce & Gabbana Read More »
- Splurge or Save: The bucket bag Read More »
- French Connection vs. Lulu Guinness Read More »
Latest Posts in Designer Vs. High Street
7 April 2011
Lulu Guinness' fan clutch was one of those genius ideas we found it hard to believe had never been done before (but only after it had been done, of course). The perfect evening piece, masquerading as an accessory from yesteryear, beautifully rendered in satin
16 February 2011
Ever since Alexander McQueen and Bottega Veneta made hard-cased minaudière-style box clutches a must-have accessory again, they've been cropping up red carpets of a thousand glamorous events. Fortunately for the everyday shopper, they've been appearing on shop
9 February 2011
High street copies that are too faithful to the originals can be a little uninspiring: after all, we are not in the business of promoting replicas! But when they take on a trend with multiple references, the results can be a lot more successful, as in this new
9 September 2010
No prizes for guessing which is the (virtual) high street copy and which is the original, but if you heart Mulberry but can't stretch to their four-figure price tags, these fun leopard bags at Missy C have got the general look pretty much sussed out. They work
26 August 2010
Cash-strapped fans of the iconic Lulu Guinness 'Lips' clutch may be pleased to note that high street honeys Lipsy have a cheep and cheerful homage to the style that has the added virtue of a handy wrist-strap and comes in two lovely bold colours: lipstick red
20 July 2010
We've all gone 'wow' at the new military-influenced handbag range at Jimmy Choo, and then 'ouch' at the price, which is more or less a tidy grand for each full-sized accessory. And for many of us, that's where the internal conversation would end.
26 May 2010
Remember that exciting, bejewelled Night in Rio stam bag from Marc Jacobs we spotted in New York? Well the bad news is that it'll cost you £1,725 if you want to buy your own - and that's just the violet version currently available in the UK. The blue one still
"Tweet Tweet" Follow
The Bag Lady On Twitter
The Megazine's Top Stories
- Today's dress of the day is the ultimate bargain from Zara.
- This week's Kindle picks have included Tracy Bloom's hilarious...
- Dolce & Gabbana showcase thei Spring / Summer 2014 collection...
- Christopher Kane showcases his new take on florals for Spring...
- "She could snap your neck with her thighs!" are the words Tom...