- Embellished bag trend hits the high street Read More »
- Coast's affordable homage to Jimmy Choo's Read More »
- Accessorize does Dolce & Gabbana Read More »
- Splurge or Save: The bucket bag Read More »
- French Connection vs. Lulu Guinness Read More »
Latest Posts in Designer Vs. High Street
13 February 2007
No need to adjust your computer monitor, this isn't the real thing. As much as it resembles Chloe's 'Paddington' tote, this PVC offering from Zara is a far cry from the designer version, and at only £39, you'd expect it to be, too! Available in black, brown,
8 February 2007
Naughty, naughty Dune. Not content with 'being inspired' by Chloe's 'Betty', they've trained a keen eye on Prada and Mulberry as well - just take a look at these homages! On the left, 'Parasol' (£35) looks just like Prada's 'Gauffre' which Jessica Simpson is
30 January 2007
Who would have thought that we, mere mortals, might someday be able to dress in head to toe Stella McCartney? Well, we've got our slim suits and cute floaty tops from Stella McCartney for H&M. Up next? Stella McCartney for LeSportsac. The limited edition travel
18 January 2007
Now, I know plenty of you were interested in the Marc by Marc Jacobs charm watch necklaces shown on the left here, but couldn't quite afford the rich $125 pricetag attached. I know these Forever 21 necklaces on the right aren't a perfect substitute, as they d
19 December 2006
Whilst we're on the subject of high street stores being far too inspired by their designer rivals, what do you think of this £4 offering from Matalan? There's no fooling anyone, but I can't help but think it looks quite similar to Mulberry's 'Emmy', with the
"Tweet Tweet" Follow
The Bag Lady On Twitter
The Megazine's Top Stories
- Today's dress of the day is the ultimate bargain from Zara.
- This week's Kindle picks have included Tracy Bloom's hilarious...
- Dolce & Gabbana showcase thei Spring / Summer 2014 collection...
- Christopher Kane showcases his new take on florals for Spring...
- "She could snap your neck with her thighs!" are the words Tom...