Hats off Thursday: How to wear a floppy summer hat
Floppy hats continue to be a hot trend for the summer (literally), which isn't a huge surprise. It's a demure, yet sexy style, and covers up a variety of hair nightmares.
But I know some people are a little worried about what to wear with them, so they don't look too dressy.
Below are a couple of ideas of how you could wear a floppy hat.
On the beach
- Spot Ruffle Swimsuit, Jane Norman, £28
- Straw Bow Beach Tote from Matalan, £8.
- Melissa Shoes Harmonic Bird Flip Flops, Nonnon, $56
Shopping with friends
- AX Paris Black Maxi Dress, AX Paris, £30
- The Cambridge Satchel Company 14" Leather Satchel, ASOS, £109
- Office wicker basket wedge, £55
The important rules are:
- If you're going to wear a glamourous hat, try and keep the rest of your outfit understated.
- Beach hair or blow-dried hair worn down look fab with this kind of hat. If your hair isn't looking its best, try a fishtail plait.
- Rock a bold lip. After all, that's what people will see when this hat hides your eyes!
Are you a fan of the floppy summer hat? What would you wear it with?