Brilliant Brollies to see you through the rainy season
Rain. Are you a fan? I have to admit that I loathe the wet stuff, and find it very hard to keep up good spirits in a downpour. What's there to like about rain? Apart from the stuff that's too obvious to think about - like how we'd all die without it - there's little to love about rain. It makes you damp and uncomfortable. It ruins your hair. It wants to ruin your day.
That's why it's crucial that you arm yourself wih one of the season's must-have umbrellas; the only weapon against the weather. But make sure it's one you like, as you'll be toting it around with you for many months yet. I've picked out a few of my favourites, all of which are not only chic and stylish, but sturdy and reliable too.
1. Lulu Guinness 'Every Cloud has a Silver Lining' umbrella: £32 at John Lewis
2. Caeser Libery Print Umbrella, £35 at Liberty
3. Classic Cath Kidston 'stars' mini umbrella, £20 Cath Kidston
4. Radley London 'rainy days' clear dome umbrella, £35 at Debenhams
5. Collection of Lulu Guinness tiny umbrellas, £25 at Brollies Galore
6. Hobbs dogtooth umbrella, £22 at John Lewis